Google’s Gmail SMTP server is a free SMTP service which anyone who has a Gmail account can use to send emails. You can use it with personal emails, or even with your website if you are sending emails for things such as contact forms, newsletter blasts, or notifications.
To use Gmail’s SMTP server, the following settings are needed for your outgoing emails:
- Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: smtp.gmail.com
- Use Authentication: Yes
- Use Secure Connection: Yes (TLS or SSL depending on your mail client/website SMTP plugin)
- Username: your Gmail account (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: your Gmail password
- Port: 465 (SSL required) or 587 (TLS required)